Our company specializes in the installation of audiovisual solutions into a variety of commercial environments including but not limited to Corporate Offices, Hotels and Resorts, Government Facilities, Healthcare Facilities, Senior Living Facilities, and Higher Education institutions. Some of the applications include audio/video conferencing, distributed audio/video, sound masking, digital signage, sound reinforcement, automated control systems, and presentation systems.
We are currently seeking an Audiovisual Service Technician. The right candidate for this job has been exposed to many different installation scenarios and has the ability to access and troubleshoot commonly utilized integrated audiovisual equipment. This person is responsible for providing system support for customers for both on-call and preventative maintenance needs for integrated audiovisual systems. YThis is a great opportunity for someone that enjoys working independently, but still be part of a great team!
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Read and interpret installation drawings and documentation (Signal flows, facilities diagrams, etc.)
- Perform maintenance visits in a timely manner as prescribed by contractual requirements (i.e. monthly, quarterly, etc.) and maintain systems at Level 3 AV’s quality standards.
- Perform Break/Fix service visits as needed.
- Cable repairs including specialty cable terminations (Crimp, Solder, Captive Screw)
- Update software/firmware and system settings as needed to keep systems up to date and operating optimally.
- In Warranty hardware repair or replacement (RMA support).
- Demonstrate a willingness and passion to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Read and write at or above a high school level.
- Read and understand technical documentation (equipment manuals, installation guides, written procedures, and policies, etc.)
- Basic understanding of computer usage and Windows based software
- Listening to and empathizing with customers with system outages.
- Basic understanding of the audiovisual troubleshooting process.
- Basic understanding of videoconferencing and audio conferencing systems.
- Basic understanding of audio signal flow.
- Basic understanding of digital video signal flow.
- Basic understanding of analog video signal flow.
- Detailed reporting for issues found and resolutions achieved.
- 2+ years’ direct experience with audiovisual integration.
Training Certification Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- L3 Training – Standardized Termination Training (completed within the first year of employment)
- AVIXA (formerly Infocomm) CTS Certification (completed within the first year of employment)
- Osha 10 Certification (completed within the first year of employment)
- Must have valid driver’s license and can legally operate a passenger vehicle within the state of Arizona
- Must be able to work off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 lbs. and move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be comfortable in working heights of 40+ feet while utilizing fall protection.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print, and hear/recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- No impairments that would prohibit the safe utilization of ladders or lifts.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Utilize common hand tools and power tools, safely, and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Conduct oneself when on customer property with utmost professionalism and demonstrate an awareness of the sensitive nature of the customer’s work environment.
- Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers.
Compensation is competitive and is based on experience level.
• Full medical coverage • Full dental coverage • Paid time off (PTO) • Paid holidays • Short term disability insurance• Life insurance • 401k retirement Plan • Training reimbursement • Company sponsored activities • Casual work environment • And more!