Our company specializes in the installation of audiovisual solutions into a variety of commercial environments including but not limited to Corporate Offices, Hotels and Resorts, Government Facilities, Healthcare Facilities, Senior Living Facilities, and Higher Education institutions. Some of the applications include audio/video conferencing, distributed audio/video, sound masking, digital signage, sound reinforcement, automated control systems, and presentation systems.
We are currently seeking a dedicated A/V Technician to work at one of our partnered clients.
The Customer Site Support Technician is an advanced self-governed technician position that is defined by consistent high performance in managing integrated audiovisual equipment along with a proven ability to accommodate customer staff with system use or questions. The ideal candidate has been exposed to many different installation scenarios and has developed an ability to operate the various systems functions and applications. The Customer Site Support Technician is a dedicated position supporting a single customer and/or customer site and is responsible for maintaining and operating installed and portable audiovisual systems. This person will communicate and coordinate all relevant information to both customer contacts and service coordination.
Essential Job Function Summary:
- Read and interpret installation drawings and documentation (Signal flows, facilities diagrams, etc.)
- Perform maintenance tasks in a timely manner as prescribed by customer requirements (i.e. monthly, quarterly, etc.) and maintaining systems at Level 3 AV’s quality standards.
- Create and manage service cases. Reporting all instances of direct support for systems, detailing issues and resolutions.
- Cable repairs including specialty cable terminations (Crimp, Solder, Captive Screw)
- Update software/firmware and system settings as needed to keep systems up to date and operating optimally. Provide versioning management as needed.
- Break/Fix service calls as needed.
- In Warranty hardware repair or replacement (RMA support).
- Demonstrate a willingness and passion to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Communicate effectively
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines.
- Read and write at or above a high school level.
- Read and understand technical documentation (equipment manuals, installation guides, written procedures, and policies, etc.)
- Set up audiovisual customer meetings conferences and trainings.
- Set up and maintain support throughout special circumstance events (town halls, specialty speaker/presenter events, all hands meetings, etc.).
- Manage videoconferencing and audioconferencing for customers as needed.
- Be the first line of support for any audiovisual support requests on supported site.
- Strive to always be the first person to answer a support call from site end users.
- Forward desk phones to cell phones at all times if there is a desk phone provided by the site.
- Attend to Break/Fix service calls as needed.
- If an end user is reporting a system issue in a supported room strive to attend to the issue personally within 15 minutes or communicate directly with the end user of any delay and set an expected arrival time.
- If an issue with a system is personally discovered report the issue using provided case management systems same day and attend to the issues immediately if it is within abilities to do so.
- If an issue with a system is personally discovered report the issue using provided case management systems same day and alert team members when an issue is beyond abilities to attend to. (i.e. Programming changes, network conflicts, etc.)
- Create a service case for any instance of direct involvement with supported systems. This includes preventative maintenance, Break/Fix needs, reporting errors etc..
3+ years’ direct experience with audiovisual integration or audiovisual site support.
Training Certification Education Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Infocomm CTS Certification (completed within the first year of employment)
- AQAV CQT Certification (completed within the first year of employment)
- OSHA 10 Certification (completed within the first year of employment)
- Must be able to work off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 20 lbs. and move up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print, and hear/recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- No impairments that would prohibit the safe utilization of ladders or lifts.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime may be required.
- Utilize common hand tools and power tools, safely, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct oneself on customer property with utmost professionalism and demonstrate an awareness of the sensitive nature of that work environment.
- Positive and effective interaction with internal and external customers.
Compensation is competitive and is based on experience level.
• Full medical coverage • Full dental coverage • Paid time off (PTO) • Paid holidays • Short term disability insurance• Life insurance • 401k retirement Plan • Training reimbursement • Company sponsored activities